03 August 2010

Expectation as a Service

I often approach people for the first time by sending an email. Could be a colleague or any other business contact. If I don't get a response within 24 hours I'm usually disappointed. I used to feel rejected but after some therapy I've got over that now. What would help in managing my expectations is if I knew their mail habits. The nerd in me is telling me that it would easy to track responses to email traffic and compile a digital notice board proclaiming what I should expect. Just like shops have an opening times notice hanging on a bit of string. Look up an email address in www.emailresponsetimes.com. Doesn't exist at the moment but come back in a couple of years time. It would also be handy to know what mood they're currently in but that's probably a bridge too far - or is it?     

No comments:

Post a Comment